Early Morning Light I


The secret to my peace is waking up early.

Sounds familiar, right?

We've all heard the mantra that waking up early allows us to have an entire day's worth of work done before noon, and then fit in another day's work before cooking dinner in heels...

Lol.

That's not my dream.

What makes me happy is enjoying the natural ebb and flow of life.

I love listening to the world wake up as the sun rises, I love listening to my body as it speaks its existence to me through every change, and I love the idiosyncrasies and traditions that come with the passing seasons. I love being present to life.

For me, being present, (though a practice that plays in every moment), is exponentially better when I start my day early and intentionally.

It all lies in those early hours - using these maximizes my day by giving me the margin that I need, cushioning my other activities that are otherwise over-packed. Waking up earlier is a self-loving gift to myself, allowing time for quiet and stillness in my day, without sacrificing the other important works that I have set myself to.

It may help you fit in an entire to-do list before breakfast.

But what it really does is allow time for undistracted mindfulness.


That is why I wake up early.


Waking up early opens your eyes to the peace and good to be had in that moment and in the rest of your day.

By starting out early, the main portion of your day can be spent on that main task or project which you would otherwise have either ignored, or done whilst secretly feeling awful about not having time to pray, start laundry, or exercise.

With an early morning routine and a good night's sleep, you can be perfectly productive in a healthy way and not burn out or settle for less.

Another benefit that I love is that when your work is done earlier, it makes more time for your creative and relaxing activities and hobbies to come out in the evening while you unwind before bed.

In the next post, I will go over my morning routine and how I like to begin my day, and why each thing means so much to me.

For now, I encourage you to get some rest and be gentle with yourself.

Productive mornings are in the making, so pat yourself on the back, make some tea and enjoy the journey.


Love,

Laney <3

Comments

Popular Posts